I am again relegating my diary entry this week, in favor of honoring 4 inspirational blogger’s for nominating me to 4 different blogging awards. Ready? Good. Here we go.
Golden Bloggerz Award
I would like to thank Ace, of Fearless Free Soul for nominating me for the Golden Bloggerz Award. I connected with Ace through Diana’s blog, and am so glad I did. Ace’s blog is full of inspirational writings, videos, music, artwork, and more. If you’ve not yet checked out Ace’s blog, please do so, thank you.
What is the Golden Bloggerz Award?
The Golden Bloggerz Award was created by Chris Kosto to motivate and reward all the amazing bloggers who work hard every day to serve their audiences and deserve some recognition.
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the rules.
- Mention the award creator and link to their blog.
- Thank whomever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Tell your audience three things about you.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10 people who deserve this award.
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice.
- Let the nominees know of their nomination by commenting on their social media or blog.
- Share links to 2-3 of your best/favorite posts.
- Three Things About Me
Three things about me
- I live in Oregon.
- I love the sun.
- I work in educational leadership.
- What does freedom mean to you?
- Freedom is being uninhibited by oneself and others. Being able to live the fullest life possible free from constraints, either created from within, or without.
- What’s one thing you do without thinking?
- Hmmmm. There are so many! Driving, meditating, writing, living, and loving.
- Favorite childhood memory?
- Running around the backyard in the first home my parents owned. I think I was about 5. I have this vivid memory of watching the movie Rocky, and then running around the backyard, singing the movie’s the theme song. A lovely memory.
- If the whole world could hear you for three words, what would you say?
- Love each other.
- Do you think perception or belief comes first?
- All thinking and feeling emanates from mind. Perception therefore is a precursor to belief, just as belief is a precursor to perception. A paradox, just like the whole world, and all of life.
Favorite Posts From My Blog
I consider all posts my favorites, so here are three recent posts.
I want to thank my dear friend, Ace, again for the lovely nomination. A wonderful connection to a powerful and inspirational blogger!
I would like to thank Filarance, of Words of Me for nominating me for the Brainstorm Award. I actually cannot remember exactly how I found Filarance’s blog, yet, I do know that I am so glad that I did. Filarance’s blog is full of wonderful writings, fun games, and riddles, riddles, riddles. A lovely blog, and blogger. If you’ve not yet checked out Filarance’s blog, please do so, thank you.
- Thank the one who nominated you
- Tag your post with #BrainStormsAward and follow BrainStorms if you are willing!
- Display the BrainStorms Award logo.
- Display the rules on your blog post.
- Talk a bit about your blog, why you started it, what you write on and your goal for your blog.
- Answer the five questions you have been asked
- Nominate five other amazing bloggers
- Ask them five new questions
- Answers to Nabeeha’s questions
- What would your ideal day be like?
- Living, loving, laughing, reflecting, contemplating, and being in action.
- Most uplifting song?
- Oooooh. I am currently listening to one right now! It’s called Guilty, by Yonaka.
- Do you have any pets.
- Though I do enjoy animals, I do not have any animals right now.
- What’s your favourite flower?
- Tea or coffee.
- What do you hope readers take away from your blog?
- Inspiration, hope, and love.
I would like to thank my dear friend, Filarance, again for the wonderful nomination. Another wonderful connection, to yet another wonderful blogger.
The Liebster Award
I would like to thank Laura, of Lotus Laura for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I started following Laura’s blog pretty early on in my blogging journey, and am so glad to have continued to watch Laura’s blog grow and develop. Laura’s blog is full of, well, all kinds of writings, creativity, history, food, and much more. If you’ve not yet checked out Laura’s blog, please do so, thank you.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to the blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate between 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post.
- Questions for me:
- Name one place you really want to visit someday.
- What is your favorite planet and why?
- Earth. It is our home.
- What do you typically eat for lunch?
- That iterates often. Right now, I have a black rice, quinoa, veggie, and avocado-bowl.
- Which time period in history interests you most?
- I am quite fascinated by all history, and am particularly fond of Ancient History.
- How do you deal with writer’s block?
- Keep writing. Always, keep writing, even if it does not make sense.
- What’s one healthy choice you make every day?
- Choosing healthy food.
- What’s the last animal you saw and how did it make you feel?
- This week, my neighbor’s dog. Happy.
- Someone hands you a camera and tells you to take a picture, what do you photograph?
- Nature. Probably the ocean.
- Top three favorite music genres?
- Musical show tunes
- Punk Rock/Hip-hop
- What would you tell your childhood self?
- You’re doing your best – keep doing that.
- What background noise helps you write best — music, TV, podcast, nature sounds, other, or silence?
- Writing to music.
- Are you a dancer?
- Not officially, yet I can dance.
I would like to thank my dear friend, Laura, again for the wonderful nomination. Another lovely connection, to yet another wonderful blogger.
The Aesthete Blogger Award!
I would like to thank Lauren, of Lauren M. Hancock Poetry and Prose for nominating me for the Aesthete Blogger Award. I quite literally stumbled onto Lauren’s blog, and am so glad that I did. Lauren’s blog is full of inspirational, elegant, and beautiful poetry and prose. Just lovely. If you’ve not yet checked out Lauren’s blog, please do so, thank you.
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator — Ashmita at the Fictional Journal — and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
Tell me something about this world that you admire
- Kindness, given out to people, just to do so.
What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Some of you that have been following me for a while know I love whiteboards. I love the feeling of being present to an insight, approaching a gigantic whiteboard wall, and getting out all of that insight. It’s beautiful. A caveat. The past 6-months I’ve been present to poetry, as you all know, and I love the process of the blank page (just like a whiteboard) and getting that insight onto the page. Also beautiful.
- What is it that most inspires you to write?
- The insights I get – from all of life. Human beings, nature, love, despair, really the human condition on this beautiful planet.
- Would you alter a pivotal moment in your life that would alter your life to a completely different path or remain on your current path of life?
- I would not. I believe with my heart and soul that the life I’ve lived has been exactly as it was supposed to be lived, is being lived, and will be lived.
- What is your most treasured memory?
- I have two.
- The births of both of my beautiful sons.
- Meeting my beautiful ex-wife.
- I have two.
- What is an achievement you are proud of?
- Going back to University at 33 and completing two degrees over an 8 year period.
I would like to thank my dear friend, Lauren again for the wonderful nomination. Another excellent connection, to yet another wonderful blogger.
Alas, you all know I don’t nominate individual bloggers, as I find all of you inspirational. If you would like to answer any of the questions that either of the 4 lovely bloggers have asked me, please do so. You’ve each earned every award that has been detailed here.
Alright, one more thanks to each of these powerful bloggers. Thank you, Ace, Filarance, Laura, and Lauren. I appreciate each of you. You inspire me.
Have a wonderfully beautiful week, everyone.